Key facts about spouse visa

Key Facts about Spouse Visa

You may have read recently the worrying news about a UK visa refusal that is making the headlines. To quickly recap on the story, a man living 4,000 miles away from his new wife is challenging a decision to deny her a UK visa. Hitesh Maggu of Telford married Chavi Meattle, an Indian national, last year, with the couple applying for a spouse’s visa. However, case workers turned down their application due to worries about the couple’s income as well as queries around divorce papers linked to Mr Maggu’s previous marriage.

Mr Maggu, a business consultant, says he has evidence to show his income vastly exceeds the figure used by the Home Office and is able to prove that his previous marriage was formally ended. This Visa refusal is now in the process of being challenged so there is renewed hope that this case will soon be resolved.

At HS Lawyers, we have many years’ experience when it comes to helping people achieve spouse visas and also getting refusals overturned. In response to this case we thought we would share some of the key facts about spouse visas that you need to be aware of.

Non-EU nationals wishing to live with their spouses, civil partners or partners in the UK must be in a relationship with someone who is either settled in the UK or a British citizen to gain a Spouse/Civil Partner/Unmarried Partner Visa. This visa entitles them to reside in the country for an initial 30 months, and there are strict requirements to be met. These are laid out in the Immigration Rules. If you are placed on the Home Office’s 5-year route to settlement and meet all the requirements, you will be given the initial 30-month visa. If you meet some but not all the requirements, you may be placed on the 10-year route.

HS Lawyers can assist you with your Spouse/Civil Partner/Unmarried Partner Visa application. We have helped a vast amount of people obtain visas for living with their spouses and partners in the UK and can remove much of the stress from the process. You must meet the suitability requirements, not be closely related to your partner, be over 18, free to marry, intend to live together on a permanent basis, be in a genuine relationship, civil partnership or marriage and have met your partner.

If you are the partner applying for a visa, the applicant must earn at least £18,600 each year plus another £3,800 if one child is applying for residence and £2,400 for each further child. There are some exemptions to this rule. For instance, it may not apply if the sponsor (i.e. the partner already resident in the UK claims a specific type of disability benefit or carer allowance).

We are experts in the laws surrounding sponsorship declaration, marriage and visitors’ visas, family reunions, extensions of stay, indefinite leave to remain and much more. If you are worried about the complexities involved in spouse visas and need expert advice, then please get in touch. We can guide you through the entire process and provide you with first-class legal help and assistance if you wish to appeal a decision.

To reach us today, call 0121 525 2555 / 3100, send an e-mail to or get in touch via the website.

128 responses

Hi sir,madam
I want take some advice from you I hope you help me if you see my cirmuschance under and law or regulations so I gonna start now I’m indian national student visa overstayer here my visa finished 2011 Nov and at the moment I living with my girlfriend she from eea national orignally from bulgaria we almost living more then one year now together she is divorced is any chance could help me to any options to without go India and get married or any other way to sorte out paperwork it will be great I will wait for your reply I could come to your office if you see there is any way to succses
Kind regards
Sandeep singh

Hi there! Quick question that’s totally off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My website looks weird when viewing from my iphone4. I’m trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able to correct this problem. If you have any suggestions, please share. Thank you!

Hello, i think that i saw you visited my site thus i came to “return the favor”.I am trying to find things to improve my web site!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

It as essentially a cool and beneficial piece of information. I am content which you just shared this valuable data with us. Please hold us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

Normally I do not read post on blogs, however I would like to say that this write-up very pressured me to check out and do so! Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thank you, quite nice post.

You ave made some good points there. I looked on the net for additional information about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this site.

Sweet blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News. Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I ave been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thanks

This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger. I ave joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your great post. Also, I ave shared your web site in my social networks!

I’ve been having issues with my Windows hosting. It has set me back quite a bit while making the next list. This is the current list that I have. I should add another list in less than a week. I’ll let you all know when the next list is ready. Thank you for your patience.

This unique blog is no doubt entertaining and besides diverting. I have found many useful advices out of this amazing blog. I ad love to go back over and over again. Cheers!

My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was entirely right. This post actually made my day. You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

auto liker, Photo Auto Liker, Facebook Liker, Status Liker, facebook auto liker, Auto Liker, Increase Facebook Likes, Autoliker, Photo Liker, Auto Like, autolike, autoliker, Autoliker Facebook, Fb Autoliker, Facebook Autoliker, Facebook Auto Liker, Working Auto Liker, Autoliker, auto like, Status Auto Liker

Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article. I’ll make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely comeback.

I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an nervousness over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again since exactly the same nearly very often inside case you shield this increase.

ไลค์เพจ, ปั๊มไลค์เพจ, ปั้มไลค์เพจ, เพิ่มไลค์แฟนเพจ, ปั้มเพจ, ปั๊มไลค์แฟนเพจ, ปั้มไลค์แฟนเพจ, เพิ่มไลค์เพจ, เพิ่มไลค์เพจ ราคาถูก, ปั๊มไลค์เพจ facebook, ปั๊มไลค์เพจ

ผู้นำด้านที่ปรึกษาการตลาดออนไลน์ของไทย เพิ่มไลค์ ปั้มไลค์แฟนเพจ รับเพิ่มไลค์แฟนเพจ เพิ่มยอดไลค์ ปั้มไลค์ ปั้มไลค์คนไทย

I like it! Interesting information over this web. It is pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be much more useful than ever before. I couldn’t refrain from commenting. I’ve spent 2 hours trying to find such tips. I will also share it with some friends interested in it. I’ve just bookmarked this web. Now with the job done, I’ll watch some model gay webcams. Thanks!! Greetings from Los Angeles!

Greetings from Los angeles! I’m bored at work so I decided to check out your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the knowledge you provide here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home. I’m shocked at how fast your blog loaded on my phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, awesome blog!

Excellent blog here! Also your site loads up fast! What web host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link to your host? I wish my site loaded up as fast as yours lol

Hi! This is kind of off topic but I nered some advice from an established blog.
Is it very hard to set up your own blog? I’m
not very techincal buut I can figure thijngs oout pretty
fast. I’m thinking about making my oown but I’m not sure where
to start. Do you habe any tips or suggestions? With thanks

Hello! This post couldn’t be written any better!
Reading through this post reminds me of my previoujs room mate!
He always kept talking about this. I will forward this page to him.

Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!

I needed to create you this little remark to be able to say thank you once again about the stunning information you have shown on this page. It has been so remarkably open-handed with you to make unreservedly exactly what a number of us would have supplied for an ebook to help make some dough for their own end, notably seeing that you could have done it if you wanted. These solutions additionally worked to become easy way to be aware that many people have similar eagerness like mine to know the truth more when it comes to this matter. Certainly there are several more pleasurable periods ahead for those who looked at your site.

Greetings from Idaho! I’m bored to tears at work so I decided to browse your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the information you present here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home. I’m shocked at how quick your blog loaded on my mobile .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, excellent blog!

great post, very informative. I wonder why the other experts of this sector don’t notice this. You should continue your writing. I am confident, you have a great readers’ base already!

Paykasa, 16 haneli pin kodundan oluşan, daha önce çok yaygın olarak kullanılan bir ön ödemeli kart türüne benzeyen, içerisinde euro bakiyesi olan bir ön ödemeli sanal karttır. İçerisindeki bakiyeler özel olarak üretilemediği için standart kart bakiyeleri 10, 20, 50, 100, 150, 250 tek kart bakiyesi olarak satılmaktadırlar. Tek kullanımlık bir kart olan paykasa kart, kullanılan sitede kartın bakiyesini girmenize gerek kalmadan sadece 16 haneli tek kullanımlık koduyla işlem yapmanıza olanak sağlamaktadır.

I’m still learning from you, as I’m improving myself. I certainly liked reading all that is posted on your website.Keep the aarticles coming. I enjoyed it!

Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your post seem to be running off the screen in Ie. I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I thought I’d post to let you know. The design look great though! Hope you get the issue fixed soon. Thanks

I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you are not already 😉 Cheers!

I’m really impressed along with your writing talents and also with the layout for your blog. Is that this a paid topic or did you customize it your self? Either way stay up the excellent high quality writing, it is rare to peer a great weblog like this one nowadays..

Wow, incredible blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is magnificent, as well as the content!

There’s nothing hotter in this entire world than seeing two girls make sweet love. Seeing a girl face deep in pussy is a dream come true. Dreams have a way of turning into reality at This site is dedicated to stepsisters who love to lick and finger each other. You always knew stepsisters did this sort of thing with each other. You just never seen it with your own eyes until now!

I’m sorry it has taken me so long to make a new list. There were some problems making this list. I also was away from the computer for awhile. I hope you all have had a good month. It’s been almost a month since the last update. The next list won’t take that long to make. At least I hope it won’t.

I have got discover some great stuff the following. Absolutely selling price book-marking to get revisiting aplikasi prediksi saham indonesia. My partner and i delight the fact that great deal attempt you add to make such fantastic educational web-site.

Hi there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing months of hard work due to no data backup. Do you have any solutions to prevent hackers?

I am really impressed with your writing skills and also
witrh the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it
yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing,
it is rare tto see a great blog like this one these days.

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will certainly comeback.

Hello, Neat post. There is an issue together with your web site in web explorer, could test this… IE still is the market chief and a huge element of folks will omit your magnificent writing due to this problem.

Cann I just say what a relief too uncover a perspn that acctually knows what they’re talking about on the internet.
You actually rezlize how to bring a problem tto light and make it
important. A lot more people must llook at this and understand
this sidee of your story. I was surprised you are not more popullar because you definitely possess the gift.

I’ve just added a fresh new list. This is by far the biggest list to date. I hope you all are having a great week. Take care and happy link building.

I like the helpful info youu provide for your articles. I wil bookmark your bpog and check
aggain here frequently. I amm relatively sure I will be told many new tuff right riyht here!
Good lufk for the following!

Are you looking to get laid today? As in right this fucking minute? If so, then you need to check out This is the one site where you can get some action the same day you join. Don’t even fool around with Facebook and those other so called dating sites. You’re never going to get laid at any of those places. There’s all kinds of pussy just waiting for you to pound it silly here. Don’t forget to buy a box of condoms while you’re out today. You’re going to need them!

hello there and thank you for your information – I have definitely picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical points using this site, as I experienced to reload the site lots of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I’m complaining, but slow loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and can damage your quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my email and could look out for a lot more of your respective interesting content. Make sure you update this again soon..

Leave a Reply

Be sure to include your first and last name.

If you don't have one, no problem! Just leave this blank.