What you need to know about maintenance payments

What you need to know about maintenance payments

Not all parents are able to agree child maintenance payments when they divorce or separate. At HS Lawyers, we have vast experience when it comes to assisting people with matters relating to child maintenance. Currently, new claims for maintenance payments are managed by the CMS or Child Maintenance Service, and you can work out how much you or your former partner will be liable to pay by using the calculator at the government’s website.

If you are a non-resident parent earning up to £800 each week, you will need to pay 12% of your gross income if you have one child. You must pay 16% if you have two children and 19% if you have three or more children. Non-resident parents that earn between £800.01 and £3000 a week need to pay 9% for one child, 12% for two and 15% of their gross income for three or more. Liable parents on state benefits pay £7 per week, whilst those earning between £100 and £200 a week pay this same flat rate with an uplift. Payments may be reduced if your children stay with you for one or more nights per week.
Child maintenance is sometimes included in court orders made after divorces and dissolutions, although it is possible to apply for an assessment to be made after the order has been in place for one year. The court may still have the ability to determine child maintenance payments in some cases, for instance if costs are generated due to disabilities.

Family-based agreement
If you wish to come to a legal agreement on child maintenance, talk to HS Lawyers today. We can help you and your former partner come to an agree on payments, help you take action if payments are not being made and amend existing agreements. Coming to a family-based agreement is normally the swiftest and most affordable way of reaching a harmonious decision. You may need to pay extra charges and penalties if the CMS become involved in determining payments. The Courts may get involved if the partner that is liable to pay maintenance earns a substantial sum of money, and/or when they live overseas. You will normally need to pay child maintenance until your child reaches 16 years of age, but this can be extended up to 20 if they remain in full-time education. One of the reasons why you may wish to amend an existing agreement is the changing of financial circumstances.

How we can help
At HS Lawyers, we adopt an honest, helpful and firm approach when helping ex-partners reach agreements on maintenance payments. We can help you if you are negotiating child maintenance for the first time, need to amend an agreement or if you are unsatisfied with the service that you have received elsewhere. There can also be instances where a partner leaves and stop paying the bills, you can get in touch with HS Lawyers family law solicitors based in Wolverhampton, west Bromwich(Birmingham) and Peterborough where our family law solicitors would be happy to offer you personal and confidential advice related to any family law issues you require help with.

To speak to HS Lawyers about reaching a child maintenance agreement today, call on 0121 525 2555 / 3100. Alternatively, you can use the contact form on our website. We can also be found on social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

132 responses

I’ve been browsing on-line more than three hours nowadays, but I by no means discovered any fascinating article like yours. It’s pretty worth sufficient for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made excellent content material as you did, the internet will be a lot more helpful than ever before.

What i don’t realize is in fact how you’re not really much more smartly-favored than you might be right now. You are very intelligent. You realize therefore significantly when it comes to this subject, made me for my part believe it from a lot of varied angles. Its like men and women aren’t fascinated unless it’s something to accomplish with Girl gaga! Your own stuffs outstanding. All the time take care of it up!

Hello! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook group? There’s a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thank you

I?d should verify with you here. Which is not something I normally do! I get pleasure from reading a publish that can make folks think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

You ave made some decent points there. I checked on the web to learn more about the issue and found most individuals will go along with your views on this website.

This write-up contains fantastic original thinking. The informational content material here proves that issues arenaаАа’б‚Т€ТšаЂаŒаАа’б‚Т€ТžаБТžt so black and white. I feel smarter from just reading this.

Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon on a daily basis. It’s always helpful to read through articles from other authors and practice something from their web sites.

This is a really good tip especially to those fresh to the blogosphere. Brief but very accurate info Thanks for sharing this one. A must read article!

Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your blog. You have some really great articles and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d really like to write some articles for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an e-mail if interested. Regards!

You made some really good points there. I checked on the internet for additional information about the issue and found most individuals will go along with your views on this website.

It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d most certainly donate to this brilliant blog! I suppose for now i’ll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to new updates and will talk about this site with my Facebook group. Talk soon!

Wow, awesome blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your site is fantastic, as well as the content!

I think other web-site proprietors should take this website as an model, very clean and wonderful user genial style and design, as well as the content. You are an expert in this topic!

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates. I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

I?ve learn a few just right stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how so much attempt you put to make this kind of excellent informative website.

Good – I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your website. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs as well as related information ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Quite unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, site theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Excellent task..

You could certainly see your expertise within the work you write. The arena hopes for more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to say how they believe. At all times go after your heart.

Greetings from Los angeles! I’m bored to death at work so I decided to browse your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the info you present here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home. I’m shocked at how fast your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, good site!

Hi would you mind sharing which blog platform you’re working with? I’m planning to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having a tough time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something completely unique. P.S Sorry for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

Just wish to say your article is as astonishing. The clearness on your submit is just excellent and that
i can think you’re a professional on this subject.
Well with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with coming near near post.
Thanks 1,000,000 and please continue the gratifying work.

Sweet blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News.
Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!

Appreciate it

Hi there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers?

My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing several
weeks of hard work due to no back up. Do you have any solutions to stop

Heya i’m for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It
truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to
give something back and aid others like you helped me.

Leave a Reply

Be sure to include your first and last name.

If you don't have one, no problem! Just leave this blank.