Does online conveyancing give you peace of mind?
With the internet being so prevalent it was inevitable that online conveyancing would evolve. There are numerous companies that have been set up that offer conveyancing online so we thought we would take a quick look at why some people are choosing online conveyancing whilst others still prefer that personal approach.
Here are some of the reasons why some people are choosing online conveyancing:
– You usually receive an upfront quote for the job so you can budget for it effectively. With traditional solicitors, it is sometimes perceived that the fee can keep changing depending upon how long the transaction takes and various other disbursements.
– Usually, there is no upfront payment necessary so you can start the process without having the need for a deposit. Many online conveyancers also offer a no move, no fee policy which people find attractive
– Many online conveyancing companies provide online management tools that enable you to track the progress of your sale and see an audit trail for what’s been actioned.
Of course, because buying a property is probably the biggest purchase you will ever make, there are many people who still prefer entrusting the process with a solicitor so that meetings can be conducted face-to-face.
Here are some of the negatives about online conveyancing:
– Reports about online conveyancing state that the service can sometimes be unreliable and the prices quoted perceived as ‘too good to be true’. Many people worry that corners are sometimes cut to keep costs down and with a house purchase being so critical, people aren’t prepared to take the risks.
– Because you never deal with anybody face to face, all communications are handled through email or phone. Often, when you try to contact an online conveyancing company through the telephone you will end up at a call centre and probably have problems trying to talk to the same person twice. Many people don’t like this lack of continuity.
At HS Lawyers, we believe it is critical to get to know our customers so that we can offer them a personal service. Building confidence and trust is so crucial when you are handling such an important transaction and we feel that whilst online conveyancing does have some merits, it doesn’t give you the peace of mind that dealing with somebody face-to-face gives you. HS Lawyers are experienced conveyancers based in Wolverhampton, west Bromwich and Peterborough. Being experts in our field we can guide you through the process of when buying a property be it commercial or residential.
If you are looking to buy a property or to find out more about the conveyancing service we offer then please contact us now.